You’ve got your Valentine’s Day planning down to a science: you make dinner reservations at your favorite intimate, candlelit spot weeks in advance. You score the perfect gift for your sweetie. You even remember to set a reminder for the day after so you can stock up on all of that sweet, sweet heart-shaped candy at half the price.
But what are you going to wear?
Striking that perfect balance between romantic, sultry, and seasonally appropriate for Valentine’s Day can be tricky. But not to worry. We’ve got 4 Valentine’s Day outfit ideas ahead that’ll leave you and your date lovestruck.
#1 Get Flirty with the Perla Detail Midi Dress
If you’re after a playful, flirtatious vibe for Valentine’s Day, find your soulmate in the Perla Detail Midi Dress. With its figure-hugging form and rosy pink shade, it’s a great outfit for a night out at a ritzy club or for sipping a Negroni at an ultra-luxe cocktail bar.
This dress has no shortage of flattering details. Here are a few we love:
- The Perla offers a sweetheart neckline on its bustier-style bodice to lend a flirtatious hint of decolletage while still keeping the overall look fresh and trendy.1
- Midi hemlines look polished with both killer heels or flat shoes. The Perla takes the midi look up to eleven in whatever footwear you choose with its peekaboo side-slit hem.
- The Perla’s stretchy smocked back and stylish wide straps keep your look easy and elegant all night long (because there’s nothing romantic about wearing an uncomfortable dress for hours).
How to Style It
Once you’ve settled on the Perla Detail Midi Dress, you’ll need to decide on how to style it. Here are a few of our favorite ways to make it the perfect February 14th frock:
- Heading to a sleek cocktail bar? Give this romantic dress a bit of an edge by pairing it with a cropped moto leather jacket. Look for a leather jacket that’s cropped just above your midriff so that it accentuates your figure.
- Going to a five-star restaurant and want to dress it up more? Slip on a pair of strappy heels, like the Paige Sandals in sleek black leather. Add some shine with striking gold jewelry like the Elos Earrings with delicate chain-link details.
- Have a more casual plan but still want to look pretty and polished? Pair the Perla with easy, breezy accessories like the Olivia Sandal (the sage green of this wedge heel goes great with the pink dress!) and a slouchy-chic straw tote like the Kefera Bag.
#2 Structure Your Style with the Ully Pants
Looking for a more tailored approach to building your Valentine’s fit? Look no further than a structured trouser like the Ully Pants. These soft, linen-blend pants look effortlessly chic and clean with their stylish straight-leg design, while their rosy pink hue put a colorfully feminine twist on your average slacks.
You’ll love turning to the Ully Pants for an upscale Valentine’s Day outing– think indulging in oysters and martinis at a cozy jazz bar or cooking an intimate dinner. (Or maybe just plating takeout on fancy dinner china. Nobody needs to know!)
How to Style Them
With their vintage-inspired styling and bold color, the Ully Pants are a fun, unexpected twist on a Valentine’s Day look or date night outfit. To complete the look, pair the Ully Pants with:
- A touchably soft knit sweater in a muted, creamy white like the Teresa Sweater for a look that’s cozy yet casual and perfect for a romantic evening in.
- Heading out to hit the town? Wear your Ully Pants with a sexy yet romantic option like the Yana Top, which pairs skin-baring spaghetti straps with delicate bodice details.
- Going for a sexy, intimate dinner with your partner? Add a little chic to your step by pairing it with a silky top like the Claire Blouse. You’ll love the ruffled neckline and flirty V-neck, especially when paired with a chunky gold choker.
- If you’re jet-setting this Valentine’s Day, pack an outfit that perfects the balance of breezy-cool with polished. Pair the Ully Pants with the Vera Blouse for an outfit that makes an entrance at dinner or a poolside bar.
#3 Go Back to Black with the Aida Midi Dress
Unlike dates that ghost and red wine that spills, black never lets us down. And it’s the perfect color to wear when you’re setting out to turn heads in a sea of red and pink.
Allow us to introduce you to your heart-stealing uniform of the night: the Aida Midi Dress. This slim-fitting, black midi dress is sexy yet elevated with its figure-skimming silhouette and flirty back cutout. In other words, your Valentine’s Day style soulmate.
With its sweetheart neckline and structured shape, the Aida Midi Dress fits the most elegant of Valentine’s Day plans. It’ll be your Valentine’s dream date if your evening is taking you to a sultry cocktail bar or that Michelin restaurant you’ve had bookmarked for ages.
How to Style It
While the Aida Midi Dress is enough of a showstopper on its own, its tasteful simplicity makes it easy (and fun) to accessorize and personalize. Plus, it effortlessly traverses each season, effortlessly pairing with a chic coat, strappy sandals, or a wispy silk shawl.
Here are a few of our favorite items to mix and match with this one-of-a-kind number:
- A striking gold pendant with an organic shape, like the Elza Necklace
- Strappy block heeled sandals in sleek black leather
- An adjustable bracelet with a sinuous gold twist detail like the Lara Bracelet
- A colorful red and gold anklet for an unexpected, flirty touch, like the Pivot Anklet
- A slouchy blazer like the Roberta Blazer that adds structure and spice
- Your favorite accessory that makes you feel confident and totally unique
Finish off your look with a black leather jacket to materialize a monochromatic style.2 Tie it all together with a bold red lip, a swipe of black eyeliner, and a dash of creamy blush across the cheekbones and over the bridge of your nose for a flirty, flushed look.
#4 Fall in Love with the Iris Top
If this is your epic love era, listen up. We’re matchmaking you in your next long-term fashion relationship with the Iris Top. This romantic top offers a classic babydoll-style bodice and a strapless design to ignite any pose.
A babydoll silhouette is an iconic design for both tops and dresses. Inspired by vintage nightgowns, they feature a waistline that falls just under the bodice and then flares out for a sweetly feminine and flattering final shape.3
The Iris Top offers a trendy new twist on the classic babydoll shape with its corset-inspired detailing on the bodice and its skin-baring strapless design that makes it perfect for a flirty choice for a first date, Valentine’s Day, drinks with the girls or anything in between.
How to wear the Iris Top? The options are endless:
- Pair it with straight leg blue jeans with an unfinished raw hem for a casual look perfect for picking up ingredients at the farmers’ market ahead of a Galentine’s dinner with your besties. Proceed to fill the flower vases, pour the wine, and enjoy your many outfit compliments during dinner.
- Looking to get matchy-matchy? Think pink by pairing it with the matching Ully Pants for a poppy, monochromatic style. This look is giving celebrity appearance on the red carpet, and the romantic pink hue would make Taylor Swift proud.
- Want to dress it up? Layer it over a sleek skirt. The Eyelet Pam Mini Skirt offers intricate eyelet details in a classic olive tone while the Clara Skirt makes for a stunning yet simple moment in camel.
- Add some pattern for eye-catching detail perfect for a Valentine’s outing. The Nelly Pant’s loose fit goes perfectly with the Iris Top’s flowing shape. Plus, its earthy red and deep green compliment the Iris’s warm, blushing pink.
- Looking for the best beach wear? Keep cool on a beachy Valentine’s Day by pairing the Iris Top with a pair of structured shorts like the Mara Short, which features a polished paperbag waist and a high rise fit in breezy, neutral khaki.
Finish off your look with loose, beachy waves or a soft pink lip to complement the Iris Top’s feminine shape and romantic hue. You’ll be head over heels in no time.
Fall in Love this Valentine’s Day with ViX
No matter how you’re spending your Valentine’s Day, you should feel like the most empowered, confident, and beautiful version of yourself. Explore the world of fashion, with help from our designers, to find styles that fit you from head to toe.
At ViX, we’re all about designing clothes to make you feel as bubbly and romantic as a glass of champagne at Valentine’s Day dinner. (Or as sweet and sultry as the chocolate cake afterward.)
Find clothing for every occasion on Valentine’s Day and every other day: designer tops, sexy dresses, jumpsuits, luxury designer swimwear, accessories, and a whole lot more. Our expert craftsmanship and exquisite designs bring your gorgeous features to the forefront. Because you deserve the spotlight all year long.
- Sense Orient. How To Rock a Sweetheart Neckline Dress For Any Occasion. https://www.senseorient.com/how-to-rock-a-sweetheart-neckline-dress-for-any-occasion/
- Master Class. How to Style a Black Dress. https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-style-a-black-dress
- The Perennial Style. Trend Alert: Baby Doll Dresses. https://theperennialstyle.com/2022/03/17/trend-alert-babydoll-dresses/