Once your ticket is purchased and accommodations are booked, it’s time to begin researching the latest festival trends for 2019 to make sure your outfits make a statement! Look no further! We know it can be difficult to stay up-to-date on all of the latest styles to make sure that you feel confident and ready to enjoy yourself at the festival, which is why we’ve compiled all of the information you need to curate the perfect cool festival outfits and sexy designer bikinis and bodysuits that will be functional, fashionable, and keep you focused on having fun rather than worrying about adjusting your outfit. Our complete festival fashion style guide will introduce you to five of the top festival trends and outfits to incorporate into your festival wardrobe, as well as share tips on how to curate a festival style that you can build on.
When you’re at a festival, you want to be able to focus on your surroundings and enjoy your time as much as possible, but you can’t do that if you’re worried about what you’re wearing or feel uncomfortable in the clothes you’ve selected because they don’t fit your personal sense of style.
We want to make sure you don’t find yourself in that situation and can focus on enjoying your experience and making memories that you can carry with you for a lifetime. Below we will educate you on the five top trendy and casual festival outfits that are must-haves for 2019 festivals. We also will review factors you should consider when you’re preparing your packing list and tips for what to pack and wear during your time at the festival to make sure you are stylish, prepared, and comfortable. From trendy jumpsuits to matching sets, the options are endless!
5 Top Festival Trends for 2019
If you’re on the hunt for the latest bohemian festival clothing to give you an effortless look at your favorite festival, we’re here to help! Fashion trends can change quickly which is why it’s important to research and gather inspo as you begin your planning. Without further adieu, here are our top picks:
1. The Hat Outfit
Ditch the flower crowns this year. Having a go-to fashionable hat to don is one of the top outfit trends for 2019 and among one of the best festival accessories. There are many different styles and colors of hats available to choose from so that you can express your unique aesthetic and tailor your outfit to align with your personal style. We recommend opting for a hat that has a brim that will also help to protect your face and eyes from the sun during long days outdoors at the festival, such as a wide brim hat. The best part about having a great hat to instantly transform your outfit? You can still use your hat in your normal wardrobe outside of the festival, depending on how much of an impression you are trying to make. A western style cowboy hat, a wide brim hat, or a fedora are just a few of the options you can choose from to make an outfit with your hat as the focal point while also utilizing your hat to protect you from the sun’s harsh rays.1
2. The Updated Overalls Outfit
Remember when you were a little kid and you would wear overalls to school? The overall trend has made a resurgence in fashion as a go-to choice to be comfortable and fashion-forward. With many different colors, fabrics, and cuts to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect pair to compliment your body type and sense of style. If it is going to be hot and sunny while you are at the festival, opt for a pair of form-fitting shorts overalls that will keep you cool and comfortable all day long. If the forecast looks a bit colder, opt for full-length overalls and pair them with a fitted, fun long sleeve shirt underneath to stay warm even when the breeze is cold! Pair your overalls with comfortable sneakers or comfortable sandals to round off this outfit.2
3. The Coordinated Set Outfit
One outfit that should be a must-have on your 2019 festival shopping list is a coordinated set outfit. You’ve probably seen your favorite celebrities and fashion-forward friends incorporating more matching sets into their wardrobe since they add a dose of designer style and elegance while still being fun and trendy. There is no shortage of different coordinated set options to choose from to find one that will be comfortable and functional for you during your time at the festival. When you’re searching for the ideal coordinated set outfit, remember to look at the cut of the clothing and think of the activities you’ll be doing during the day and night and consider the fabric it is made out of. A coordinated set outfit will leave an impression and add an air of sophistication and bohemian perfection to your festival wear.3
4. The Bralette Outfit
Looking for a festival outfit that will turn heads and be a bit more on the sexy side? Try rocking a bralette outfit to make your mark on the festival you’re attending. There are many different styles of bralettes that are fashionable, flirty, and fun that you can build an outfit around that you can truly make it your own. We recommend opting for a swimsuit bralette as this will allow you to easily transition from the festival straight into the jacuzzi, ocean, or pool for a quick dip during the day and be a piece that you can wear time and time again after the festival has ended. Depending on how much coverage you are looking for, there are bralettes that offer similar coverage to a crop top or bandeau top that you can opt for or options that will allow you to show more skin. Pair your bralette with a high-waisted skirt or shorts, strappy sandals, and a fun hat to finish off this fun festival outfit look.4
5. The Bohemian Dress Outfit
A festival trend that hasn’t decreased in popularity throughout the years is that of the bohemian dress trend. When you’re looking for inspiration pictures, you’ll find scores of music festival dresses that look airy, free, and fun and nail that perfect festival style. Opt for a lace detail or lighter color scheme to hit the bohemian style home and curate a festival outfit that you’ll be able to wear for a day at the beach or drinks with friends after the festival is over. If you want to show a bit more skin for your day at the festival, an adaptation of this outfit is to wear a long, sheer and lightweight caftan that you can pair with a bralette or crop top and shorts to make an airy and fun festival outfit. 5 There also are many popular midi dress styles that can take you straight from the pool to the festival without missing a beat.
Now that you know five of the top festival fashion trends to incorporate into your wardrobe, we also want to walk you through a few of the factors to consider before you go as you are planning out your outfits for during the festival.
Factors to Consider Before You Go
Before you get to the festival and start having fun, there are a few factors that we recommend taking into consideration as you are going through your wardrobe to put together your perfect festival outfits, which we have outlined below.
- Weather: One of the biggest considerations you need to think about when planning your outfits is the weather in the area that you are attending the festival and what the forecast says to expect during your time there. We also recommend looking at the historical weather during the time you will be there since weather forecasts can change frequently. This research should give you a good sense of what temperatures to expect and guide your outfit planning so that you won’t find yourself too hot or cold during your trip. There’s nothing worse than packing a suitcase full of clothes that you are sure are going to be perfect for your trip only to arrive and discover that you haven’t packed appropriately for the weather. By checking the weather beforehand and planning your outfits accordingly, you can help make sure that your sole focus during the festival is having fun and enjoying yourself.
- Pockets and Storage: When you’re having fun at a festival, you don’t want to find yourself unsure of where your valuables are, such as your phone, credit and debit cards, and identification. As you are planning your outfits, make sure that you think through the pockets and storage that are present and where you will keep your valuables to make sure they stay safely tucked away while you are dancing the night away. If your outfit is without pockets or any type of storage, you can throw on a cute cross-body purse that zips shut to make sure your valuables stay protected. Thinking through these details ahead of time will make sure that you have a clear plan and method of safe storage for your valuables no matter what outfit you are wearing.6
Now that you know a few of the most important factors to consider as you are packing for the festival, we also want to introduce you to a few tips and tricks for packing a functional and fashionable wardrobe.
Tips for Packing a Functional and Fashionable Festival Wardrobe
Packing the perfect wardrobe is a challenge for any trip, but especially for a festival trip where you’re likely to be wearing an outfit from the beginning of the day until the end without the opportunity to go back to your room. To make the ideal functional and fashionable festival wardrobe, we’ve compiled a few tips and tricks to help make sure you and comfortable and confident with all of your outfits.
- Remember to Pack Layers: Because at a festival you’re more likely to be on-site from morning to night, you’ll likely experience temperature variations throughout the day. To remain comfortable in the changing temperature, remember to bring clothing you can easily layer so you can shed layers as the temperature rises and add layers as the temperature decreases without compromising your carefully curated festival look.
- Stick to Shoes with More Coverage Than Flip Flops: We know it can be tempting to throw your favorite pair of flip flops in your suitcase for you to wear during the festival, but we recommend sticking with a pair of shoes that will offer your feet a bit more coverage and protection while still elevating your outfit. Think along the lines of fashionable sneakers, comfortable flats, and sandals with ample coverage. You will likely encounter a variety of different surfaces during the day and be in common spaces with many different people, which can mean spilled drinks, food, mud, and more, getting all over your feet by the day’s end. By opting for shoes with additional coverage and protection, you can keep your feet clean, dry, and comfortable all day long.
- Always Pack a Coat or Jacket: When you’re sitting down to pack your festival outfits, you might feel inclined to opt for those outfits that would work in the best case scenario, where it's sunny the entire trip. Don’t forget to pack a coat, jacket, flannel, or sweater in your suitcase that you can throw around your waist during the warmer hours and easily put on over your lighter layers during the evening. If you’re shivering outside at night, you’ll be a lot less likely to be in the moment, making it much harder to enjoy your festival experience.7
We hope this guide helps get you ready to conquer your upcoming festival with sophisticated and fashionable outfits that will keep you comfortable, confident, and ready to enjoy your time at the festival! Have other Summer plans on the horizon? Check out these articles on how to make sure you have the perfect resort attire and beach attire for your tropical adventures.