Is your Pinterest board packed with pins of crystal clear blue waters and warm beaches covered with soft white sand (and maybe a frozen margarita or two)? Do you find yourself envisioning a tropical vacation through yet another meeting that could’ve been an email? Guilty as charged.
If so, you can at least get a head start on the best part of beach vacation prep—planning what fabulous outfits you’ll be packing in your suitcase.
But what to pack for your big escape?
It’s tricky to map what you’d like to bring for vacation, especially if you’re escaping from gray, chilly weather and the idea of pulling your summer clothes out of storage seems unfathomable. Whether it's breathable linen trousers, two-piece sets, breezy dresses, or your favorite cover-ups, planning your vacation wear can take more time than we'd like to admit.
If you need inspiration for what to wear on your next getaway and are trying to get ideas on the best vacation outfits women will envy, have no fear. Let’s dive into four wardrobe must-haves.
#1 Go From Daytime Relaxing to Nighttime Vibing With the Lara Mini Skirt
One thing about 2023 fashion trends is the use of versatile pieces, which is perfect for packing for a vacation as well. Your PTO time is precious, so when you get away, you’re all about making sure to maximize the amount of time you spend lying poolside. Everyone knows that the most essential part of any beach vacation is catching some rays (while safely protected by SPF 50, of course), pretending to read that book you picked up in the airport bookstore, and sipping a frozen cocktail or two (or three).
Something that definitely falls low on the vacation priority list? Spending way too much time in the hotel room stressing about what to wear.
That’s why you’ll love throwing easy, carefree, yet elegant pieces into your suitcase that’ll help you transform from day to night (or the pool to the club) without changing a thing. When planning your vacation outfit ideas, don’t forget to add the mini skirt to your packing list.
The Lara Mini Skirt will be your go-to for sophisticated versatility and laid-back style.
In the daytime, you’ll love the lightweight, flowy fabric to keep you cool as you’re hanging beachside or exploring the sights. Add a pair of Twiggy Sandals in a natural leather color with a hint of a heel for a breezily cool look and a straw bucket hat to protect your face from any harsh sun, then finish your sarong-inspired look off by:
No need to change once the sun goes down—the Lara Mini Skirt is good to party all night long.
Switch out your daytime top for something sleek, like the history-inspired puff sleeve Edite Top in Pistachio or the Yana Top in Black or Dark Desert for a sexy corset top look. Pair these vacation tops with a glossy nude lip and a bold pair of chunky gold hoops.
#2 Pack Smart with the Nelly Jumpsuit
Suitcase space is a precious commodity when you’re packing for a trip—after all, all that money spent on overweight baggage fees is much better spent on duty free shopping.
Free up some luggage real estate when you pack a do it all dynamo like the Nelly Jumpsuit.
Easy and comfortable with a silky feel, it’ll keep you both looking and feeling cool all day. With its trendy halter neck tie and low back, it’s a great piece to take out on the town or to dinner, while still being casual enough to sport while sightseeing. Your favorite thing about the Nelly Jumpsuit will be the two gorgeous shades it comes in—richly patterned Tita Blue and a chic black and white check in Lupita.
How do you style these one piece wonders?
Jumpsuits are easy to dress up or dress down, depending on your plans—or just wear them as is for a simple, sophisticated look.1 Here’s a few favorite ways to wear the Nelly Jumpsuit:
- Pair it with a denim or leather jacket for a little extra coverage—opt for a cropped jacket to keep its silhouette from overwhelming the jumpsuit, or try a structured yet colorful blazer for a beachy look with a boardroom twist.
- Add a belt to accentuate the outfit’s shape and add some visual flair—go for a slim leather option in a matching or complementary color to avoid distracting too much from your jumpsuit.
- Play with length by pairing your jumpsuit with an equally long jewelry piece like the 16-inch long Gancho Necklace (or try styling this as a belt chain instead for a groovy ‘70s-inspired look).
- Evenings by the beach can get chilly—cozy up by layering the puff sleeve Teresa Sweater in black or off white over your jumpsuit for a casual, coastal getup.
#3 Get Glam with the Carrie Midi Dress
Whether it’s a destination wedding, a night out on the town, or maybe just that dinner reservation you made months in advance, every vacation has at least one night where you want to look your best. On those nights, turn to a sleekly sophisticated midi dress like the Carrie Midi Dress to turn heads no matter where your travel takes you. From summer to spring outfits, the midi dress is a versatile staple.
The Carrie Midi Dress offers so many sweetly stylish details that you’ll love—from its bustier bodice and flirty keyhole cutouts to its form-fitting lines and deep Pacific blue color, it’s the perfect piece for grabbing cocktails and dancing the night away.
Longer dresses like midi dresses go great with shoes that give you a bit of a lift, giving you an elevated, elongated silhouette.2 When looking for wedges or sandals with a bit of a heel, consider the situation:
- Seeking all-night comfort without sacrificing style? With its supportive wedge heel and soft sage green color that’ll look great next to the Carrie Midi Dress’s bold blue, the Olivia Sandal will be your best friend for a night of dancing.
- Looking for a sandal that offers a bit of edge? Look no further than the Paige Sandal—with its sleek black leather and chunky hardware details, it’s the perfect mix of fierce and feminine to pair with your Carrie Midi Dress.
- Want something simple but still polished, with a touch of vintage cool? The Callas Sandal in natural leather features dainty straps for a modern take on the gladiator sandal and an artsy-cool wooden block heel.
#4 Stay Playful in the Liz Mini Jumper
Vacation should be all about what’s easiest—no inbox or chores to worry about, no grocery list to write or big decisions to make. Take one more big decision off your plate when you go away by packing the easy to toss on Liz Mini Jumper.
The Liz Mini Jumper will be your dress up and dress down bestie for both sunny city strolls filled with sightseeing and shopping and sophisticated date nights. Available in a jewel-toned blue gray, black with an earthy green belt and coral red details on the sleeves, and richly patterned Luri Plum, this romper offers breezy sophistication with its plunging neckline and kimono sleeves.
This playful one piece looks great paired with a pair of fresh white leather sneakers for daytime strolls or strappy sandals like the Callas Sandal in black for evening encounters. Keep the rest of your styling simple to avoid taking away from this exciting piece—try wearing it with a simple necklace or anklet, or top the whole look off with a visor for a sporty (and sun safe!) look as you romp around town.
Get Ready to Stun on Vacation with ViX
At ViX, we’re passionate about creating pieces that make women look and, more importantly, feel their best. We believe that your vacation wardrobe should be as confident, sophisticated, and sexy as you are—that’s why we’ve created our line of luxury designer swimwear and resort wear with you in mind.
Ready to say goodbye to regular life for a week or two? Buy those airline tickets, book that hotel, and discover elegant, chic vacation pieces that are ready to travel the globe with you when you visit ViX.
- The Trend Spotter. How to Wear a Jumpsuit. https://www.thetrendspotter.net/how-to-wear-a-jumpsuit/
- Who What Wear. It’s Official - These Are the Best Flat Shoes to Wear with Midi Dresses. https://www.whowhatwear.com/flat-shoes-with-midi-dresses/slide2