When we think spring, we think open windows ushering in cool afternoon breezes, dusk after 6PM, and of course, romantic spring date nights under the stars.
Spring date night outfits should be all about reflecting the fun, flirty, breezy feel of spring—while also expressing your personal style and ensuring you stay comfy no matter where the night takes you.
So, whether it’s a first date and you’re looking for a casual date night outfit idea, or planning a night out with a longtime partner, it’s time to get inspired by 5 of this season’s most covetable spring date outfit staples.
#1 The Greek Goddess Jumper
The season of blank slates, fresh starts, and white jeans. Spring is the perfect time to dress head to toe in a crisp white ensemble. The only potential hiccup? Realizing your eggshell-white lace tunic is two shades off from your beloved cream-colored jean pants.
Fortunately, you can save yourself the struggle of playing closet matchmaker and welcome a white one-and-done spring outfit into your wardrobe: the chic Luana Detail Jumpsuit.
This flowy yet figure-hugging jumpsuit makes a sophisticated statement with:
- 24k gold-plated charms for a touch of embellishment (without the accessories)
- Plunging neckline and side cut-outs to add dimension
- Linen blend fabric for a lightweight, airy feeling (even if things start to heat up)
How to Style It
We love this jumpsuit paired with minimal, nature-inspired accessories that let this Greek goddess-inspired look have its moment in the sun. For spring date nights, the Luana plays well with:
- Jewelry – Delicate gold earrings call to mind Greek ancients’ penchant for precious metals, and these ornately engraved drop earrings are the perfect complement to this jumpsuit’s gold bead embellishments.
- Clutch – Choosing a clutch made from a natural textile, like straw, can add an earthy feel to your date night look, calling to mind springtime feelings of being outdoors and taking in the beauty of nature.
- Shoes – Bring the Grecian goddess look home with a pair of tie-up gladiator sandals worthy of Artemis herself. Bonus: by choosing flat sandals over your typical date night strappy heels, you can be sure to impress while also saving your feet from heartache in the morning.
#2 The Cool Girl Dress
While we all love a good meal, spring date nights aren’t limited to just dinner. In fact, with daylight stretching well past 5PM, your spring date night could technically involve any number of activities; catching a flick at your local movie theater, playing a game of miniature golf, grabbing ice cream cones before a walk along the beach—the possibilities are truly endless.
This bohemian-inspired faux wrap dress is both stunning and down-to-earth, with subtle yet eye-catching details like:
- Gold embellished straps for a touch of shimmer
- An attached skirt overlay with wrap-tie styling
- Silk-blended fabric that keeps you cool while adding softness to your look
The best part? It’s available in three versatile shades—Pistachio, Blue Grey, and Black—as well as two unique patterns—Bailey and Maza—so you can easily match it with any color palette you choose for the rest of your ensemble.
How to Style It
Depending on your style, this staple can be dressed up or down with:
- A cool, slouchy blazer – The Roberta Blazer captures both springtime breeziness and date night chic. Its cardigan-style cut will keep you looking sharp while feeling approachable and its 24k gold plated pocket detailing ensures you still get that hint of unexpected shimmer, even when you cover the Gisa’s gorgeously detailed straps.
- An effortless wedge sandal – For an iconic spring look (and extra support for all those activities) choose a padded wedge sandal, like the Olivia Sandal. Its leather strap can be wrapped in a variety of ways, giving your shoe just as much versatility as your dress.
#3 The Alluring Maxi Dress
For a spring date night look that’s as unexpected as a springtime snowstorm, try the breathtaking Zaila Long Dress. It’s the perfect fusion of refined and sultry thanks to:
- The incorporation of our exclusive, crepe-textured Firenze fabric
- Torso cut-outs that let you catch a breeze (and show off some skin)
- A contrasting cord detail that cuts across the bodice for added texture and dimension
- An adjustable shoulder strap to ensure the perfect fit
- A go-with-everything color palette
How to Style It
Maxi dresses were designed to make glamor achievable no matter how pressed you are on time, and this dress is no different—it’s a showstopper entirely on its own. However, there are a few ways you can add a little extra glam to the look through styling:
- Jewelry – Complement this dress’ unique embellishments with a pair of unique gold earrings. The rustic, asymmetrical design of the Horn Earrings are an ideal accompaniment to the edginess of the Zaila.
- Bag – Skip the oversized tote: this dress craves to be paired with an undersized clutch bag. The natural straw textile is sure to keep the clutch from feeling “Plain Jane”, and the geometric stitching adds even more visual interest.
- Shoes – Match the Zalia’s contrasting cord detail with a pair of our gladiator-style Callas Sandals, available in both a natural brown or a classic black so that you can choose the look you feel most confident in.
#4 The Fiery Jumpsuit
If no one’s told you that you can never have too many jumpsuits, we’re here to deliver an important message: you can never have too many jumpsuits. They’re a spring wardrobe staple that ensure a flawless, chic, silhouette-enhancing look every time. (And we love not having to worry about matching a cute summer top with a skirt or trousers.)
To that end, meet your next spring date night match: the Rita Jumpsuit. Not only will its wrapped ruching hug you in all the right places (without hugging you so much that you can’t enjoy dessert), but it also comes in two date night-ready colors: fiery flame red and sultry midnight black.
Whatever shade is calling your name, you’ll adore this jumpsuit for its:
- Flattering tailored, wide leg fit
- Roomy side-slant pockets (for an extra breezy feel that’s surprisingly functional)
- Knotted and 24k gold embellished strap detailing
- Plunging neckline
- Soft and light linen blend fabric that gives off date night vibes while keeping you comfy
How to Style It
To maintain that effortlessly chic look, keep additional styling minimal, yet purposeful. We love:
- A pendant necklace – The plunging neckline of the Rita begs for an eye-catching pendant necklace, and the Elza delivers. Its unique, asymmetrical design calls to mind nature’s beautiful imperfections, while its gold plating ensures a shimmery pop of color that complements whichever Rita color option you choose.
- Matching earrings – Just like you can never have too many jumpsuits, you can never wear too much gold—and with the Elza Earrings, you can create a cohesive spring date night look that offers a 24 karat shine.
#5 The Polished Pinafore
Here’s something to ask yourself before choosing your next spring date night outfit: is your ideal look more unexpectedly daring or more cool-girl casual?
Why not get you a spring date night outfit that can do both?
The Angelina Detail Long Dress is prim and proper with a dash of sultriness. In fact, it’s the perfect frock to throw on for a springtime date night (and beyond) with:
- Long trails of mother-of-pearl buttons to lengthen your silhouette
- Peek-a-boo cutouts at the waist to accentuate your figure
- Two leg slits to keep you feeling light, airy, and spring-ready
How to Style It
With this timeless look, we recommend opting for classic, understated accessories, like:
- A chic pendant – Add this gorgeous Emerald Pendant to a necklace to highlight your clavicle and decolletàge, or add it to a pair of simple gold hoop earrings to create an unexpected asymmetrical look.
- A minimalist leather sandal – Show off your pedicure with an ultra-paired down sandal. The best beachwear is that which takes you from the afternoon into the evening. The Tkees Thong Sandal is simple and beachy, but made with creamy cowhide leather, so it’s also ideal for date night settings.
No matter which pieces ultimately inspire your next spring date night outfit, remember: just like spring love, when you find the perfect piece in fit, form, and function, never let her go.
Find More Swoon-Worthy Spring Date Night Looks with ViX Swimwear
Whether you choose a stand-out jumpsuit or dress, or opt for a more casual outfit that sports a chic pant and blouse combo with a pair of sneakers, the perfect spring date night ensemble is the one that makes you feel just as confident and cool as those delicious spring breezes—and with ViX, you can find just that.
Since bringing our signature Brazil-inspired luxury designer swimwear line abroad, featuring our best selling bikinis, we’ve strived to make sure each piece of clothing we design offers that same confidence, comfort, and ease of wear. So, whether your spring vibe is love is in the air or cool-girl chic, there’s sure to be a piece (or two, or three) from our designer clothing selection that will help you express your style and bring your ideal spring date night looks to life.
See what’s new by taking a scroll through our shop today.
- Daily Art. Jewelry in Ancient Greece: Hellenistic Period Pieces. https://www.dailyartmagazine.com/jewelry-in-ancient-greece/